Sunday, December 18, 2011

"She Draws (Me In)"

I have had an extremely busy semester. I have still not been miraculously healed, so of course, I had inevitable make-up work to attend to that prohibited me from really doing anything fun or creative. One of the loveliest presents I have received this Christmas is free time. I have been able to catch up on writing poetry and reading other people's writing on Deviant Art, and I have actually just recently come into contact with an amazing opportunity. A fellow artist-friend of mine, Colin, and I were exchanging comments on several poems of both mine and his, when he mentioned that he had recorded several of his poems into songs. To make a long story short, I listened to several of them, and I was absolutely taken with the melodies he had composed for them. To shorten the story further, he sent me instrumentals and other various versions of many of his songs, and I recorded vocal tracks. One of them, a song called "She Draws (Me In)," is finished, and several are pending. Here is a link to the lyric video for the finished one.

I have been really inspired to sing recently. Maybe its the relaxation and relief of finally finishing the longest semester of my life, and maybe it's because I'm narcissistic and love the sound of my own voice. ;) But either way, I also have some other instrumentals by other artists I plan to record over this winter. I am devoting this break to art, much of which will be music, obviously.

Please, watch, listen, opine, comment, praise, share, bla bla bla, etc., ... this song in particular. Thank you all so much for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment